You want to cook up a storm but don’t want to spend much time cooking. That’s where these recipes come in. They are quick and easy to make, and the results are guaranteed to impress your family and friends.
Baked sweet and sour chicken is a classic Asian dish that is easy to make. In this recipe, I show you how to make it without making a single sacrifice.
Read More: Publix Fried Chicken Recipe
I’ve made this recipe many times and it always turns out great. It’s easy to make and tastes great. The best part is that it can be made in a hurry. If you’re looking for a dish that is both delicious and easy to prepare, this is the recipe for you.
Read More: Tuscan Chicken Mac and Cheese
Baked Sweet and Sour Chicken
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Paper towels
- Large bowl
- Big pot
- 1 pound of cut-up, skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- Black pepper and kosher salt, as desired
- 1/2 cup of cornstarch
- Slightly beaten 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup of vegetable oil
FOR THE SUGARY SWEET SAUCE:
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of unfiltered apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup of ketchup
- 1 tbsp of soy sauce
- 0.5 teaspoons of garlic powder
- Get the oven ready at 325 degrees F. Use nonstick cooking spray or lightly oil a 9-by-13-inch baking dish.
- Prepare the sauce by combining the sugar, vinegar, ketchup, soy sauce, and garlic powder in a large bowl and whisking until smooth.
- Toss the chicken with the salt and pepper to taste in a large bowl. Add the cornstarch and mix gently. Submerge the chicken in the eggs, one by one.
- In a big pot, warm up some vegetable oil. Toss in the chicken and cook for 1-2 minutes, or until it reaches a golden brown. Put on a plate lined with paper towels and throw away the oil.
- Combine chicken with the prepared sauce in the baking dish. Sweet and sour sauce goes great on top. Roast for 55 minutes, turning the chicken over every 15 minutes to ensure an even coating of sauce.
- Gather and serve right away.
Read More: Teriyaki Chicken Rice Bowl Recipe
Calories: 553 Kcal (28%)
Carbohydrates: 66g (22%)
Protein: 35g (70%)
Fat: 15g (23%)
Saturated Fat: 2g (10%)
Cholesterol: 178 Mg (59%)
Sodium: 777 Mg (32%)
Potassium: 627 Mg (18%)
Fiber: 1g (4%)
Sugar: 36g (40%)
Vitamin A: 215IU (4%)
Vitamin C: 2mg (2%)
Calcium: 20mg (2%)
Iron: 1mg (6%)
Read More: Crockpot Shredded Chicken Tacos