Ever tried to make blueberry crumble pie and had it turn out awful? Or maybe you’ve never tried it and are just curious how it’s made?
Making the best pie is easy, especially if using the best blueberries around. So, in this recipe tutorial, we’ll show you how to make blueberry crumble pie, the best pie ever.
Read More: Blueberry Ice Cream Recipe
Blueberry Crumble Pie
- Large bowl
- Pastry cutter
- Cookie sheet
- Pie plate
THE PERFECT FILLING FOR A PIE:
- 1 pie crust, either homemade or purchased in a premade, frozen two-pack
- 5 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2/3 cup white sugar (granulated)
- 1 tbsp of pure, undiluted lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
FOR THE CRUMBLE TOPPING:
- 3/4 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of almonds, sliced
- 3/4 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 6-tablespoons of salted butter
- 1/4 tablespoon salt
- Set temperature to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the pie crust in a 9-inch pie plate after rolling it out. You can crimp the edges however you like. Wait to fill until chilled.
- Mix the chopped nuts, brown sugar, flour, and salt in a large bowl to make the crumble. Make bread crumbs by cutting in the butter with a pastry cutter. Please don't bother with it right now.
- When using frozen berries, they must be thawed completely and well drained.
- Throw some blueberries into a big bowl. Add sugar, lemon juice, and cornstarch, and toss gently.
- Put the berry filling into the crust and then put the crust back in the fridge. Dollop the crumble on top and press down lightly to compact.
- If you want to avoid pie juices on your oven floor, put them on a cookie sheet. Wrap the crust in 2 inch wide pieces of aluminum foil to prevent it from browning too soon.
- Alternatively, you could use a pie crust as a shield. Bake at 425°F for 10 minutes, then reduce to 350°F and bake for another 35-45 minutes. When the crust is brown and the topping is crisp, it is ready to serve. Please wait until it has cooled completely before cutting it.
Read More: Honey Baked Ham Lemon Cream Cake Recipe
Nutrition Information: *
Nutritional information is not guaranteed to be accurate
Read More: Ciroc Red Berry Recipe