Did you know there are more than 25 million recipes on the web? Most of them are not easy to find; if they exist, they often look unappealing.
You don’t need to spend hours searching for the perfect bush baked beans recipe because here, you will find some of the best bush-baked bean recipes.
If you’re in a hurry and want to make a quick bush-baked bean recipe, then you’re in luck! You can make these in minutes.
Read More: Honey Baked Ham Lemon Cream Cake Recipe
How to Make Bush Baked Beans Recipe?
- Large skillet
- Dutch oven
- 1-pound dried black beans
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or vegetable oil (divided)
- 1 chopped onion
- 3 minced cloves garlic
- 1 diced green bell pepper
- 2 jalapeños, seeded and finely diced or 1 red bell pepper (optional)
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) of diced tomatoes with their juice (*no need to drain*)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Water as needed
- Add the beans and salt to a large pot of boiling water. Simmer for about 30 minutes until they are cooked through. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, heat 3 tablespoons oil (or more if needed) in a large skillet or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until tender, stirring occasionally. Add the bell pepper and jalapeños (if using), tomatoes with their juice (still drained of liquid), 1 teaspoon salt, black pepper to taste, beans from the pot, and water as needed to cover ingredients by 2 inches and stir well to combine everything.
- Bring mixture to a boil over high heat, then reduce temp to low simmer and cook, occasionally stirring, until flavors meld and tomatoes are very soft.
- Your dish is ready. Serve hot!
Read More: Baked Turkey Wings with Mushroom Gravy
- If you’re using canned diced tomatoes instead of fresh ones, be sure to drain off any excess liquid before adding them to the pot.
- You can add more water if the mixture appears too thick; don’t go over 2 inches. This easy bush-baked bean recipe is perfect for a quick and healthy meal.
For a slightly spicier dish, add 1-2 jalapeños to the skillet along with the bell peppers and garlic. Serve with plenty of salt and pepper, however, if you like spicy food. Enjoy!
Read More: Baked Sweet and Sour Chicken
Bush Baked Beans Nutrition:
Saturated fat: 6 g
Trans fats: 0g
Cholesterol: 35 mg
Sodium: 2120 mg
Protein: 14 g
Read More: Wagyu Ground Beef Recipe