Are you looking for a quick and easy dinner idea? This busy day soup recipe is perfect for those nights when you don’t want to spend too much time in the kitchen.
In today’s hectic lifestyle, cooking at home often means spending less time in the kitchen. And since we all love our food, we tend to eat out more frequently. If you’re tired of ordering takeout or going through the hassle of preparing meals from scratch, then this busy day soup recipe is worth checking out.
This simple soup recipe takes a short time to prepare and tastes great hot or cold. The ingredients include chicken breast, carrots, celery, potatoes, onions, garlic, tomatoes, and spices. All you’ll need to add is some salt and pepper before serving.
If you want to get the same taste without spending much time or effort, try this busy day soup recipe and feel the moment.
Read more: Hellofresh Shepherd’s Pie Recipe
How to Make a Busy Day Soup Recipe?
Soup is a favorite food for many people, especially when they have a busy schedule and need something hearty that’s easy to make. Here’s one recipe we recommend you try for your next busy day.
Easy Homemade Busy Day Soup Recipe
- large pot
- 1 lb. chicken breast
- 2 carrots peeled and chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 stalk celery chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 potato peeled and diced into small cubes
- ½ onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 4 cups chicken broth or vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 oz. can tomato sauce or 1 cup of your favorite homemade tomato soup
- 1 tbsp. sugar or honey for sweetness Optional
- Set your oven’s temperature to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Bring the chicken broth to a boil over high heat in a large pot. Add the diced potatoes and carrots, onion, garlic, tomato sauce, salt and pepper to taste, and sugar/honey if desired. Bring the soup back to a boil before carefully transferring it into an oven-safe casserole dish or baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked through. Serve hot soup, warm or cold! Enjoy!
- You can also use a slow cooker to make this soup recipe. Place all of the ingredients into the pot.
- For an extra flavorful soup, don’t forget to add some chopped fresh parsley or thyme before serving!
Read more: Sweet BBQ Sauce
Serving size: 1 cup, recipe makes 4 servings
Calories: 191 calories
Total fat: 5 grams
Saturated fat: 1 gram
Cholesterol: 39 mg
Sodium: 806 mg
Carbohydrates: 26 grams
Fiber: 3 grams
Sugar: 7 grams