Are you looking for a new recipe to impress your friends and family? Or maybe you’re just craving a delicious dessert and want to treat yourself. In either case, chickpea chocolate cake is the recipe for you.
Everyone loves chocolate cake, and here is one that is healthy and low in sugar. With only four ingredients, you can whip up a batch of this easy and delicious cake.
This is the perfect recipe to try when you’re feeling lazy. You can use it for a quick dessert or make it into a birthday cake. Either way, you won’t regret it.
Read More: Oat Milk Chocolate Pudding Recipe
Chickpea Chocolate Cake
- Round cake pan
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Food processor
- 1 1/2 cups of melted semi sweet chocolate chips
- 15 ounces of chickpeas (also known as garbanzo beans), cleaned and drained
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon of the instant coffee mix (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- Sugar pulverized for serving
- Set oven temperature to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare a 9-inch round cake pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Put the eggs and the chickpeas in a blender and process until smooth. Add the sugar, baking powder, and espresso powder to the food processor (if used). Pour the melted chocolate into the processor and mix until smooth, occasionally stopping to scrape down the sides. Put the batter in the cake pan.
- For best results, bake for 30–35 minutes, or until a wooden skewer in the center comes out clean (with moist crumbs is ok). After letting the cake cool for 10 minutes in the pan, invert it onto a parchment-lined wire rack to finish cooling. You can sprinkle powdered sugar on top before serving if you like.
Read More: Mini Bundt Cake
Cholesterol: 62 mg
Sodium: 180.4 mg
Read More: Honey Baked Ham Lemon Cream Cake Recipe