Are you looking for the perfect grandma browns baked beans recipe? If yes, then you’ve come to the right place. This easy recipe has been handed down through the generations.
Grandmothers are renowned for their delectable cooking. They love nothing better than baking something sweet or savory for family gatherings. Baked beans are no exception.
Grandmas always seem to have the best ideas for new dishes. In this case, they decided to combine two favorite foods. The result was a great combination of salty and sweet flavors.
Read More: Bush Baked Beans Recipe
How to Make Grandma Brown’s Baked Beans Recipe?
Grandma Brown’s baked beans are one of the best homemade treats for holidays and parties. They are easy to make and delicious. This recipe we’ve seen a lot around the web is one of the most popular ways to enjoy Grandma Brown’s famous baked beans. We’re sharing it with you here.
Grandma Browns Baked Beans Recipe
- Big saucepan
- Baking dish
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can diced tomatoes undrained
- 1 can kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin seed powder or Chili Powder
- 1¼ cups water or vegetable broth + enough for simmering ingredients
- Salt & pepper to taste
- At begin, heat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cook the ground beef by browning it in a big saucepan over medium heat. Drain any excess grease. Add tomatoes, kidney beans, black beans, tomato paste, chili powder, and cumin seed powder. Stir in the water or broth until everything is thoroughly combined. Add salt and pepper to taste before bringing the pot to a simmer.
- Mixture is then transferred to an 8×8 baking dish (or any size you prefer). Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until well heated. Enjoy!
Fat: 7 g
Saturated fat: 4 g
Cholesterol: 3 mg
Sodium: 310 mg
Protein: 5 g