Are you looking for a way to make your honey baked ham recipe a little more exciting? This tasty lemon cream cake is sure to be the hit of any dinner party with its fresh citrus flavors and fluffy texture.
Honey baked ham lemon cream cake recipe is an easy dish to make – it’s a delicious combo of honey, lemon, and cream that will have you asking yourself why you never thought of this before.
It is a recipe for something I’ve been making for years and that my family enjoys every time I make it. Easy to make and no special flavors or expertise are necessary to make it.
Read More: Aunt Jemima Pancake
Honey Baked Ham Lemon Cream Cake Recipe
- 9-inch pan
- Food processor
- Large mixing bowl
- Wooden spoon
- 2 and ¼ cups of cake flour
- 1 tbsp of baking soda
- 0.5 tbsp of salt
- 1½ cups of buttermilk
- 4 large whites of eggs, separated
- 1½ cups of sugar
- 2 tbsp of lemon zest
- ½ cups of butter
- 1 tbsp of vanilla extract
- ⅓ cups of simple syrup
- 1 package of plain gelatin
- 1 cup of lemon curd, prepared as directed in the recipe below or from a jar purchased at a supermarket.
- 1 softened 8-ounce block of cream cheese
- ¾ cups of whipping cream
- 2 lemons
- 4 egg yolks
- ⅔ cup of sugar
- 4 tbsp of ice-cold butter
Creamy Vanilla Crumb Topping
- 12 cup all-purpose white flour
- 1/2 cups plus 2 tablespoons of powdered sugar
- 5 tbsp of ice-cold, chopped-up butter
- 1 tbsp. of vanilla extract
- Simple Syrup
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of sugar
- To solubilize the sugar completely cook a saucepan over medium heat. Allow the mixture to cool before using.
- Ensure that the oven temperature is set at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Pour all of the ingredients into a sizable bowl and mix.
- Mix the egg whites and milk in a standard size bowl and mix comprehensively.
- Using your hands, combine the sugar and lemon zest in either a food processor or a large mixing bowl, and mix until the sugar is moistened and fragrant.
- For 3 minutes, mix the sugar and butter in a bowl and beat on medium-high speed until the butter and sugar are smooth and light in color.
- Slowly incorporate 1/3 of the flour mix as you continue to beat on medium speed.
- Using a low-speed mix, combine the milk and eggs in half, then add half of the available dry ingredients.
- Continue beating until the batter is racially homogenous with the remaining milk and eggs before adding the last dry ingredients. Mix for 2 minutes to ensure a homogeneous mixture has formed.
- Two 9-inch pans should be greased and floured, and the batter should be divided evenly among them. Using wax paper, grease, and flour the bottom of the pans then bake.
- Bake the cakes for 30-35 minutes, or until a thin knife or toothpick inserted into one of the cakes comes out clean.
- After cutting around the sides of the cakes with a knife, unfold them and take them off the cooling racks to remove the paper liners.
- Flip over and reverse to the right side, then let it.
- Allow the gelatin to soften for 5 minutes in a small amount of water before proceeding.
- Simply syrup and the gelatin are heated over moderate flame until the gelatin dissolves, and the mixture comes up to a simmer. Set aside for a while.
- Make stiff peaks out of the whipping cream by beating it in a cold mixing bowl. Then transfer to a new bowl.
- The cream cheese and lemon curd should be thoroughly whipped together in a large bowl prior to use!
- Mix in the simple cooled syrup gradually, scraping the sides as necessary.
- Then, using the whisk attachment, whip up a batch of the whipped To thicken the mixture, chill it for a few hours .
- To make lemon curd, place the lemons in a small bowl.
- Peel and set aside the lemons for later, producing lemon juice.
- Whisk the yolks and sugar together in a small bowl, until they are completely smooth and creamy. Mix in the juice and zest.
- Simmer the combination over medium heat until it thickens.
- Keep stirring with a wooden spoon until it coats the back of a spoon. then turn the heat down to medium-low.
- Pour the mixture into a glass bowl after it has cooled. Incorporate 1 tbsp of butter into the mix at a time.
- Press a piece of plastic wrap directly onto the surface of the mixture and chill in the refrigerator until the mixture has cooled to room temperature and set.
Topping of Vanilla Crumbs
- In a large bowl, combine the flour and powdered sugar and stir until thoroughly mixed. To achieve pea-size butter, use a pastry cutter to slice the chilled butter into 1/8-inch cubes.
- Mix in the vanilla extract after drizzling it over the top. Keep the mixture in the refrigerator until you're ready to use it.
- It's when you put it all together.
- Brush the cake's tops with the remaining simple syrup after it's cooled.
- The bottom half of the cake should have about two-thirds of the filling spread out before the second layer is placed on top.
- To finish the cake, spread on the remaining filling and then press the crumb mixture into the cake's sides and top. It's only on the top of the page that I did this.
- The filling should be chilled or frozen for a few hours before serving.
Read More: Oreo Mug Cake
Calories: 686kcal (34%)
Carbohydrates: 106g (35%)
Protein: 7g (14%)
Fat: 26g (40%)
Saturated Fat: 16g (100%)
Cholesterol: 131mg (44%)
Sodium: 374mg (16%)
Potassium: 228mg (7%)
Fiber: 1g (4%)
Sugar: 82g (91%)
Vitamin A: 845IU (17%)
Vitamin C: 10.1mg (12%)
Calcium: 104mg (10%)
Iron: 1.2mg (7%)
Another Recipe: No Bake Cheesecake Recipe
1 thought on “How to Make Honey Baked Ham Lemon Cream Cake Recipe?”