Making Mueller’s Mac and Cheese Recipe is easy! It is one of my favorite dishes to make and enjoy with family and friends. My mom was always making it when I was growing up. Now I am passing it on to my kids.
I came across this recipe from the New York Times and decided to try it. It was a big hit.
The recipe is super simple and inexpensive. You don’t need any special equipment or ingredients. You need to make sure you have the correct type of milk. I made it once using skim milk and another time using 2% milk. The result was the same.
If you like this recipe, you may want to check my other Mueller’s Mac and Cheese recipes.
Read more: Tuscan Chicken Mac and Cheese
How to Make Mueller’s Mac and Cheese Recipe?
Mueller’s mac and cheese is one of those classic recipes popular among families. It requires essential ingredients, like cheddar cheese, flour, milk, butter, and eggs. This delicious meal is a perfect way to start the day and a wonderful dish to enjoy with family and friends.
Easy Mueller’s Mac and Cheese Recipe
- Large pan
- 2 tbsp of cornstarch
- 1 tbsp of salt
- ½ tsp of dry mustard
- a pinch of pepper
- 2.5 cups of milk
- 2 tbsp. of butter or margarine
- 8 oz of shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 oz of elbow macaroni 6 minutes cooked and drained
- Stir cornstarch, salt, dry mustard, and pepper in a large pan. Blend the milk thoroughly.
- Spread some margarine on it. Maintain a rolling boil for 1 minute over medium heat, stirring continuously. To avoid burning, make sure to stir frequently.
- After one minute of boiling, take the mixture off the stove.
- To make a topping, reserve 1/4 cup of the cheese. Stirring the mixture will melt the remaining cheese.
- Prepare a cheese sauce, then toss elbow macaroni with it.
- Prepare a two-quart casserole dish by spraying it with cooking oil. Spread the remaining cheese on top.
- Wrap it in the oven at 375 ° for 25 minutes or till bubbly and warm.
- Take the food out of the oven and serve it right away. Enjoy!
Read more: Spaghetti Cherry Pomodoro and Burrata Cheese