Publix has the best fried chicken. There’s just no denying that fact. But what if you don’t want to spend the time or the money to learn how to fry chicken deep?
We all love fried chicken. It’s cheap, it’s delicious, and it’s fast. But did you know that you can make fried chicken at home without a deep fryer?
Publix Fried Chicken recipe is one of the most popular in the United States. It’s been featured on TV shows, cookbooks, and blogs, and it’s effortless to duplicate. You only need some chicken, a skillet, and a few simple ingredients.
Read More: Vanilla Fudge With Walnuts Recipe
Publix Fried Chicken Recipe
- Paper towel
- 3 pounds of chicken parts, including legs, thighs, breasts, and wings
- 1 cup of buttermilk
- 2 tbsp hot sauce
- 3 lbs. of all-purpose wheat flour
- A single egg
- 1 tbsp of ground pepper
- 1/ 2 cups of cayenne pepper powder
- 2 tbsp of paprika
- Gather all of your ingredients and preheat your fryer to 350°F (180°C).
- Mix the buttermilk and egg in a small bowl.
- The buttermilk solution coats the chicken, which is then dredged in a flour mixture seasoned with salt and pepper. Once the chicken is entirely breaded, proceed to the next step.
- Before cooking, let the breaded chicken defrost for at least two hours for best results.
- Fry the chicken in batches, each time for 10 min, or until it reaches a golden brown color.
- Serve hot after draining on paper towels.
Read More: Ribeye Steak Recipe Big Green Egg
- Use large chicken pieces, cut into 4-inch chunks, to make the chicken easier to handle.
- Make sure that your chicken is fully defrosted before frying.
- Use your taste and preference in seasoning.
Saturated Fat: 23g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 16g
Monounsaturated Fat: 31g
Trans Fat: 1g
Vitamin A: 1339 IU
Vitamin C: 17mg
Read More: Best Mint Julep