Homemade sweet BBQ sauce recipe? I’m sure everyone loves homemade sauces, especially those who love barbecuing. This sweet barbecue sauce is perfect for grilling chicken or pork.
Barbecue sauce is a staple condiment at every cookout. Whether you prefer sweet or spicy, there’s something for everyone. Finding the ideal ratio of sweetness to spice is the key.
Homemade sweet barbecue sauce is simple to make and tastes great on grilled meats. There are three main ingredients: sugar, vinegar, and ketchup. If you want some heat, add hot pepper flakes or cayenne pepper.
Read More: Del Taco Secret Sauce
How to Make Sweet BBQ Sauce Recipe?
A BBQ sauce recipe that contains vinegar and sugar is a traditional barbecue sauce. The basic ingredients are tomato paste, sugar, salt, onion, and vinegar. Add any seasoning of your choice, and enjoy the delicious sauce on your BBQ.
Homemade Sweet BBQ Sauce Recipe
- Medium saucepan
- 1.5 cups of ketchup
- 1.5 cups of brown sugar
- ½ cup of apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup of water
- 1 Teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Teaspoon of molasses
- 1.5 Teaspoon of dry mustard
- 1 Teaspoon of paprika
- ½ Teaspoon of salt
- ½ Teaspoon of onion powder
- ½ Teaspoon of black pepper
- 2 dashes of hot sauce
- In a medium saucepan, combine the ketchup, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, water, Worcestershire sauce, molasses, and dry mustard.
- Stir together until all ingredients are mixed in well.
- The mixture should be heated to a boil over high heat before being reduced to low heat and simmering for about 30 minutes or until it has slightly thickened.
- When necessary, adjust the amount of salt and onion powder, then add black pepper to taste.
- Finally, add hot sauce to taste if desired). Serve immediately on grilled meats or use in recipes that call for barbecue sauce.
- You can add more spices, such as chili powder or cayenne pepper if you want a more robust barbecue sauce.
- Store the sweet barbecue sauce in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Read More: Charley’s Chipotle Sauce
Calories: 57kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 220mg | Potassium: 74mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 162IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 14mg | Iron: 1mg
Read More: Mango Habanero Sauce
Pin this image on your Pinterest board!
1 thought on “Homemade Sweet BBQ Sauce Recipe – Make the Best BBQ Sauce”