Have you ever wondered why some restaurants serve ranch dressing on their salads? Or maybe you’ve never thought about it before. Well, I’m going to tell you exactly why they do it.
Texas Roadhouse Ranch dressing has become a staple at Texas Roadhouse restaurant chains around the country. The company puts over 20 million gallons (75 million liters) of the stuff into salad yearly.
It turns out that the reason behind the popularity of ranch dressing is its creaminess. The creamy texture makes it perfect for adding to salads. Not only does it taste great, but it also helps prevent the lettuce from drying out.
Read More: Red Robin Ranch
How to Make Texas Roadhouse Ranch?
Making this dish is simple. The spices should be combined and kept aside in a small bowl. Then, assemble your bowl with buttermilk, mayonnaise, lemon juice, and sour cream ingredients. Everything should be well combined before being chilled for at least 60 minutes in the refrigerator.
Read More: Jimmys Kickin Ranch
Texas Roadhouse Ranch Recipe
- Medium saucepan
- Small bowl
- Jar with a lid
- 1 cup 2 sticks unsalted butter
- ¾ cup 150 grams finely chopped onion
- 2 cups 475 grams powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup mayo
- ¼ teaspoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the powdered sugar, garlic powder, and salt and cook for another minute.
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly.*
- In a small bowl or jar with a lid, whisk together mayonnaise (or any other creamy dressing), paprika, lemon juice, and salt to taste. Pour half of this mixture into the cooled onion mixture and stir well to combine. Refrigerate for at least 60 minutes before serving.
- Serve with your favorite salad greens, and enjoy!
- The mixture will be very thick, so combining ingredients is best to use a whisk or an immersion blender.
- If you don’t have time to refrigerate the mixture, it can be served at room temperature.
Read More: Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole
Serving: 1 serving
Saturated Fat: 3g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g
Monounsaturated Fat: 2g
Trans Fat: 0.01g
Vitamin A: 144IU
Vitamin C: 1mg
Read More: Hidden Valley Cheddar Bacon Ranch Dressing
Q1: Why is Texas Roadhouse Salad good?
A: Texas Roadhouse salads are made with real bacon bits, which makes them super yummy. Bacon and salad are a perfect match, and they’re usually a favorite at any restaurant. It’s a delicious, healthy salad that is packed with flavor.
Q2: What does Texas Roadhouse Ranch taste like?
A: It tastes like a combination of barbecue and ranch seasoning. It is a popular food item in restaurants throughout the country.
Q3: How long do I have to wait before I eat the Texas Roadhouse Ranch?
A: Once the beef is cooked, you can serve it right away. However, you may want to cool it first. If you do, you can cover it and refrigerate it for up to 2 hours.
Q4: Is buttermilk ranch the same as ranch?
A: They are not the same, although they do share similar flavors. Unlike regular ranch dressing, which is thick and creamy, buttermilk ranch is thinner. Both versions of this popular salad dressing contain the same seasonings, like garlic, onion, and dill, but buttermilk ranch has a nice tangy taste.
Q5: What is ranch dressing made of?
A: The dressing is a combination of creaminess (from buttermilk, sour cream, and sometimes mayonnaise) and herbaceousness (often parsley, thyme, or dill), with a long pull of onion and garlic, and a shot of black pepper.
Q6: Is ranch made of buttermilk?
A: Ranch made of buttermilk is a type of traditional bread from India. It has a soft texture and a tangy flavor and is often eaten with a butter spread or butter tea.
Pin the recipe on your Pinterest board!