Fried chicken is one of those dishes that you either love or hate. Well, we are here to tell you that there is a way to make fried chicken that is not only delicious but also healthy.
It’s not just a tasty dish, but fried chicken remains one of the most widely consumed foods in the world.
The problem is that many people don’t know how to make it healthy. And they don’t understand that healthy fried chicken is not that hard to make.
We are going to show you how to make a vegetarian fried chicken recipe that is good, healthy, and easy to prepare. So you can enjoy fried chicken once again, without the guilt.
Read More: Ribeye Steak Recipe Big Green Egg
Vegetarian Fried Chicken Recipe
- Food processor
- Mixing bowl
- Steamer basket
- 15-ounce Can of Rinsed and Drained Chickpeas
- 240 ml vegan chicken stock or vegetable stock
- 2 Tablespoons of melted refined coconut oil
- 1 tbsp. of salt
- 2 teaspoons of nutritional yeast flakes
- 2 teaspoons of poultry seasoning or vegan chicken spice
- 1 tablespoon Sage dried
- 1 tbsp. dried thyme
- 1 tbsp. dried rosemary
- 1 tbbs of Sprinkling of Onion Powder
- 1 tbsp. of dried minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cups of nutritional wheat gluten
Coating in Flour:
- 1 Cup All-Purpose Flour (125g)
- 1/2 cup of cornstarch (64g)
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon of vegan poultry seasoning or spice
- 1/2 teaspoon of Black Pepper, Ground
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 tbsp. powdered onion
- 1 tbsp. of garlic powder
- 1/2 tbsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 cup unsweetened vegan buttermilk (240ml) Mix 1 tablespoon of lemon juice with soy milk up to the 1-cup mark.
- 1/4 cup of All-Purpose Flour (31g)
- 1/4 cup of nutritional yeast flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon of chili pepper
- High-heat oils, such as canola oil
- To make vegan chicken, combine chickpeas, vegan chicken stock, melted refined coconut oil, salt, nutritional yeast, and vegan chicken spice in a food processor.
- Put in a mixing bowl and incorporate the vital wheat gluten. Don't stop mixing until a dough is formed.
- Put in some hand work and gently rub the dough for a minute to a half, or until it's smooth and elastic but still holds its shape. Make a loaf form by pressing and shaping the dough with your hands.
- Tent the dough with foil. Cook it for an hour in a steamer basket set over just a boiling water pot.
- Wait 20 minutes at room temperature after the food has steamed for an hour. After 10 minutes, remove it from the foil and let it cool completely.
- Cut the loaf into 1/2-inch slices. There were eight of us, so we each got two slices.
- To get 16 strips, cut each slice in half. Rack up the strips on some wire.
Fried and Battered:
- The vegan chicken is seasoned with all-purpose flour, cornstarch, salt, ground black pepper, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper.
- Vegan buttermilk is easy to make by filling a measuring cup with soy milk to the 1 cup (240 ml) line and adding 1 tablespoon lemon juice. The result will be buttermilk.
- Then, combine the vegan buttermilk, all-purpose flour, nutritional yeast, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, and cayenne pepper in a separate bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Coat each side of a vegan chicken strip in the dry flour mixture and return it to the wire rack. Iterate until all strips have been done.
- Then, dip a piece of mock chicken into the wet batter, turning it to coat it on all sides. Re-immerse the strip in the dry flour mixture, turning it over to coat all sides. Return the strip to the wire rack in a gentle manner. You'll need to do this repeatedly until all your strips are covered.
- Heat oil to frying temperature in a deep pan with high sides, about half an inch deep. Oil should be heated to about 180 degrees Celsius (350 degrees Fahrenheit). You can check the oil temperature with a deep frying thermometer.
- Toss a few strips of vegan chicken in the hot oil using the tongs. When done properly, you'll hear a satisfying sizzle as soon as they hit the oil. Fry until golden, which should take about 3–5 minutes.
- Vegan fried chicken should be transferred to a baking sheet lined with paper towels and transferred to the tongs once more to remove excess oil.
- To ensure that all strips are fried to a golden crisp, continue adding them to the hot oil.
Read More: Dunkin Avocado Toast Recipe
Serving: 1Piece | Calories: 184kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 325mg | Potassium: 144mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 123IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 56mg | Iron: 2mg
Read More: Cynar Berry Spritz Recipe
1 thought on “Vegetarian Fried Chicken Recipe: You Will Love It”