Are you enjoying trying new items like me? I’ve made a lot of things in my day, but the thing that I love to do is bake. I can spend hours creating delicious treats, and I always look forward to the next time I get to make something special.
White Lily Cornbread recipe is a Southern favorite dish! It’s a delicious treat with all-purpose flour, butter, eggs, sugar, and milk. It’s a quick bread that bakes up quickly and is easy to eat.
It’s so simple to make that I thought sharing my version of this classic recipe would be fun. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
Read More: Trader Joes Grilled Chicken
How to Make White Lily Cornbread Recipe?
White Lily Cornbread is a Southern favorite! It's a delicious treat with all-purpose flour, butter, eggs, sugar, and milk. It's a quick bread that bakes up quickly and is easy to eat.
- 1 Oven
- 1 Medium bowl
- 1 Pan
- 1 Cutting board
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 8 tablespoons 1 stick butter, softened
- 2 large eggs beaten well
- 2 cups milk
- 1 white lily bulb stem removed and leaves chopped (about 2 teaspoons chopped) ¼ cup raisins
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Grease a 9-inch baking dish with butter.
- Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and baking soda in a medium bowl. Add salt and stir to combine. Cut in the butter using your hands until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in eggs until well blended; add milk until combined (do not overmix). Pour batter into the prepared pan and spread evenly with a spoon or rubber spatula. Sprinkle with lily bulb leaves and raisins before dividing evenly among pieces of foil sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cornbread comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes before transferring to a cutting board to cool completely. Cut into squares and serve.
Read More: Giorgio Lasagna Recipe
- To soften butter, place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes before using.
- For a sweeter cornbread, use more sugar or add sweetening agents such as honey or maple syrup.
Read More: Alton Brown Crepe Recipe
1 thought on “How to Make White Lily Cornbread Recipe?”